Tuesday, June 23, 2009

surf schools 1

This is a release. Read it carefully before signing. This release essentially states that I know that I (or the minor
under 18 years of age on whose behalf I am signing) am taking a surfing lesson and will be going into the ocean. As
a result of the inherent risks in this activity, I know that I (or the minor on whose behalf I am signing) may die, get
hurt, or sustain damage to my belongings. If any of these occur, I understand that I cannot make a claim, sue, or
expect INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL, its owners, officers, agents, employees, or associates (hereinafter, INDO JAX SURF
SCHOOL) to be legally responsible or pay for any damages.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that I (or the minor
on whose behalf I am signing) have voluntarily chosen to take this surfing lesson with INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL.
Certain risks are inherent in any recreational activity and cannot be eliminated, altered, or controlled, and these
risks can be the cause of injury, illness, death, and damages. I know and fully understand that surfing is an outdoor
activity in an uncontrolled natural environment with inherent risks and hazards where serious accidents and
property damage can occur and participants can die or sustain injuries.
I acknowledge and willingly assume, on my own behalf (or on behalf of the minor for whom I am signing) all risks
and hazards involved in surfing and beach-related activities including, but not limited to, (1) loss of control of the
surfboard, falls from the surfboard, collision with outer participants, equipment other surfboards, rocks, and other
man-made or natural obstacles, whether obvious or not; (2) judgment, decision-making and conduct of the
instructors, except for acts of wanton or gross negligence; (3) submersion in water, drowning; (4) encounters with
animals, marine life and insects; (5) exposure to outdoor ocean environment; extreme temperatures, sun, and
inclement weather, including travel by foot or vehicle in any way related to this activity; (6) assistance in lifting
and/or carrying surfing equipment; (7) rescue-related injuries; and (8) unavailability of immediate and appropriate
medical attention in case of injury. If provided transportation to the beach by INDO JAX SUR SCHOOL, I further
acknowledge and willingly assume, on my own behalf (or on behalf of the minor for whom I am signing) all risks
and hazards involved in the activity of riding in a motor vehicle. I understand and acknowledge that the above list
is not complete or exhaustive, and that other risks, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, may also exist
and result in injury, illness, disease, death or damage. My participation (or that of the minor on whose behalf I am
signing) in these activities is purely voluntary and I elect to do so at my own risk.
RELEASE: In consideration for INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL allowing me (or the minor on whose behalf I am signing) to
participate in this surfing lesson, I voluntarily agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless INDO JAX SURF
SCHOOL for any and all claims of liability arising out of its negligence, fault, recklessness, or any other act or
omission which causes the undersigned illness, injury, disease, death, or damages of any nature in any way
connected with my participation in INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL activities. I also expressly agree to release and
discharge INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL from any act or omission, excluding acts of wanton or gross negligence, in
rendering or failing to render any type of rescue, emergency or medical services. In signing this document, I fully
recognize and understand that if I (or any minor on whose behalf I am signing) am hurt, die, or my property is
damaged, I am giving up my right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL, even if it
negligently (or by some other act or omission, excluding acts of wanton or gross negligence) causes the injury or
damage.
INDEMNIFICATION: I further agree to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL from all
defense costs, including attorneys’ fees incurred in connection with claims for bodily injury, wrongful death, or
property damage which I sustain (or which is sustained by any minor on whose behalf I am signing) or which I (or
the minor on whose behalf I am signing) may have caused to other participants, spectators or other third parties,
whether negligent or not, in the course of my (or that of the minor on whose behalf I am signing) participation in
these INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL activities.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT AND MEDICAL INFORMATION: I give INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL permission to
treat me, (or the minor on whose behalf I am signing) in case of emergency illness, injury or accident. Should
emergency medical services become necessary for the undersigned participant or minor, the expenses are the sole
responsibility of the participant and not that of INDO JAX SURF SCHOOL. I also certify that I (and any minor on
whose behalf I am signing) am physically and mentally capable of participating in these activities. I hereby

No comments:

Post a Comment